Thursday, November 01, 2007

Oh to be 10!..a journal entry

11/5/05
I find myself, yet again, captivated by the colors of fall. And even though, generally speaking, colors haven't been widespread, God, in His attention to the details of my life, has poured buckets of reds, yellows and oranges in my own front yard. Two days ago I dragged Steve outside to see the street side of the tree on the left. Even though they are both October Glory Maples, the one on the left has the most stunning array of colors. The one on the right waits about a week longer to change and it doesn't have all the yellows in it; tons of red and green still, so I'm sure if the left one wasn't there I would think the right one was beautiful, but as it is, the left one captivates me. It draws my eye and makes me tilt my head to take in the entire picture. One day I went into the yard to stand under it and look up through it! Oh to have been 10 years old! I would have climbed up into it and sat for hours!

No comments:

...there beneath the blue suburban skies...